Moving Morris and Ann
When did they move from 77 S. Main Street to Mt. Holly Road?
I remember riding in the back of an open truck from the former to the latter, maybe a pickup or maybe a larger truck. It was piled high with stuff from the old house, including the attic. The only specific object I remember was a lamp, the base of which consisted of three "legs," kind of a tripod-type effect:
As an adult, I "know" that it was kind of tacky; but as a kid, I always thought one of the neatest things about Mom-Mom & Pop-Pop's house -- either of them -- was the bogus fireplace. I didn't know anyone else who had a fireplace you could dust behind.
I remember riding in the back of an open truck from the former to the latter, maybe a pickup or maybe a larger truck. It was piled high with stuff from the old house, including the attic. The only specific object I remember was a lamp, the base of which consisted of three "legs," kind of a tripod-type effect:
/|\. What interested me about it was that that each of the three legs was made from the snout of a sawfish. There's also a dim memory (aren't they all!) of cutting a finger on the same damned thing.
As an adult, I "know" that it was kind of tacky; but as a kid, I always thought one of the neatest things about Mom-Mom & Pop-Pop's house -- either of them -- was the bogus fireplace. I didn't know anyone else who had a fireplace you could dust behind.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home