NJ Simpson Family Chronicles

Here's the deal: anyone in the "Contributors" list can post an entry, and then of course can be replied to. The general idea is that we'll use this to assemble a family history (to the extent possible).

If you're having any trouble logging in, posting messages or comments, or anything else at all, just get in touch with John. (He's in the "Contributors" list. :)

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Question #6 from Mike

Was there an actual link to a "Simpson Shipbuilding Company" and what became of it? Don't know if you remember rummaging around the second floor of 710 after Bud's passing, but we found an old school paper of his purporting to be an autobiography until that point in his life. It mentions this in passing, but I wonder if it's the imaginings or embellishment of a really creative high school wise guy.

1 Comments:

Blogger JES said...

I do sorta remember the wise-ass teenage memoir of Bud's, but I didn't see it at 710 I think... might have read it at Chez Merchant or Page. Or maybe Cindy and Mom brought it down here a few years back (in which case they would've taken it back with them, 'cause I sure don't have it). And yeah, now that you mention it, there was something about a shipbuilding company. Also some connection to a butcher/meat packing/meat market in Philadelphia, which is when and where Martin Fynan got hooked into the family -- he drove the meat truck, I believe.

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home