Question #5 from Mike
When (what year, roughly time of year, etc.) did any of our Grandparents pass away? How old were they? Now we're treading on my own Alzheimer's fears...I've got some vague notion of you being the only one of us to meet Pop Simpson so that would make him gone before '53, right?
1 Comments:
Nan died in the summer of, I think, 1968. It might have been '69, but as I recall she was close 82 when she died and she was (I think) born in 1886, so that'd make it '68. Pop-Pop died in August 1984; I'm not sure how old he was but I think it was also in his early 80s. Mom-Mom was September of, uh, 1994, right? I remember that Toni met her on our first trip to NJ together, and that Mom-Mom died a week or two later. I moved down here in January 1993 but I think we didn't get to NJ till summer of '94. The joke was that she was holding on till she surpassed Nan's age, and I think she was actually 84 when she died. As for Pop Simpson, I don't know the date, even the month, but I'm near certain he died before I was a year old -- which would make it between June '51 and June '52. His age, I don't know... I've seen a photo of him in a WW I doughboy uniform, which would make him late teens or early 20s in 1917-1919, so he was thus probably born around 1900, plus or minus a couple years.
Post a Comment
<< Home