NJ Simpson Family Chronicles

Here's the deal: anyone in the "Contributors" list can post an entry, and then of course can be replied to. The general idea is that we'll use this to assemble a family history (to the extent possible).

If you're having any trouble logging in, posting messages or comments, or anything else at all, just get in touch with John. (He's in the "Contributors" list. :)

Monday, August 23, 2004

An easier way to post new messages?

This is just a test. Assuming it works, here's how I did it:

  1. After logging into Blogger and selecting the NJSimpsons blog, I clicked on the Settings tab.
  2. On the Settings tab, I clicked on the Email section.
  3. This has two fields, something called the BlogSend Address (haven't done anything with that yet) and something called Mail-to-Blogger address. Note that the latter is already filled in with your Blogger username, followed by a period, followed by an empty field, and finally followed by @blogger.com. In the empty field enter some "secret word" at least 4 characters long.
  4. Now -- in theory -- you can create a new post just by sending an e-mail to the address:
           YourUserName.yoursecretword@blogger.com
    where "YourUserName" and "yoursecretword" are, of course specific to you (whoever you are).
Now let's see if this actually works. I went through the above steps, got into my mail program, and am about to hit the Send button. :)
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home