NJ Simpson Family Chronicles

Here's the deal: anyone in the "Contributors" list can post an entry, and then of course can be replied to. The general idea is that we'll use this to assemble a family history (to the extent possible).

If you're having any trouble logging in, posting messages or comments, or anything else at all, just get in touch with John. (He's in the "Contributors" list. :)

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Bud's WW II stories

I really don't know any of these to speak of. Aside from the bit about the Moroccans, which I covered in my comment on Mike's question #14, all I can remember him talking about without being prodded was a crazy story which had something to do with a bunch of guys and a wine cask. Do any of you remember more about this story? or any other stories, for that matter?

When I think that he was only 20 (maybe even just 19) when he went to Europe, I have a real hard time imagining what it must've been like... No wonder he seldom volunteered anything!

1 Comments:

Blogger JES said...

I don't think I'd ever heard that story about the haystacks. That's probably the closest Dad ever came to farm labor!

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home